On 12 July 1958, soon after attaining its independence on 31 August 1957, the Federation of Malaya had negotiated with the British government to transfer the British Navy assets to the newly formed Royal Malayan Navy. With the hoisting of the Federation naval ensign – the White Ensign modified by the substitution of the Union Flag by the Federation flag in the canton – the Royal Malayan Navy became responsible for Malaya’s maritime self-defence. The “Royal” in Royal Malayan Navy was now in reference to the Yang di-Pertuan Agong, who became the Supreme Commander of the Malaysian Armed Forces. All ships, facilities, and personnel serving in the Royal Malayan Navy were inherited by the Malayan government. The new force had an operational and training base at HMMS Malaya, and a small coastal fleet of one LCT, two Ham class minesweepers, one coastal minelayer, and seven MLs (the ex-RN 200th Patrol Squadron) on transfer from the Royal Navy.
Director- Lionel Tay
Producer- LtCdr Masliza Marris (TLDM HQ), LtCdr Karimah (TLDM Lumut), Lionel Tay
DOP- Jayz Yong
Technical Crew- Faizal Mohamed, Khairu
Editor- Lionel Tay